Wednesday, November 2, 2022

November | Welcome!

Ah, November! First and foremost, I love tradition, and this month will not be much different from previous Novembers. It's just who I am.


November is a great month for counting your blessings and all that you are thankful for. And what better way than to keep a gratitude journal.  You might make your own journal, or jot down thanks in a notebook, on index cards or keep a list in your notes on your phone.  If you are looking for ideas on how to start a gratitude journal, you might consider this wonderful article.

Besides keeping a gratitude journal this month, below is my list of other activities I look forward to doing this month with my Grandkiddies in tow.

1. Bake pumpkin pies.

2. Read a classic (Swiss Family Robinson, Treasure Island, Heidi)

3. Make crockpot apple cider.  I have never made apple cider before so I will be using this recipe found at The Frugal Girls.

4. Collect acorns.

5. Make a Thanksgiving craft with the kiddies (use the acorns).

6. Watch A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving with the family.

7. Cook up a pot of Winter Squash Soup.  I found this recipe at epicurious about three or four years ago and made a batch.  I really wasn't sure if my family would like it. My Mom has requested it be made for a few of our Christmas parties.  It's delicious!!

8. Make homemade applesauce in the crockpot.  I usually make mine on the stove top, but this season, with working from home and homeschooling two now, I'm all about crockpot recipes and this one is easy and delicious!

9. Host a board game party for the day after Thanksgiving.  Eat leftovers!

10. Enjoy each and every day - really live in the moment and be thankful for each one.

 

And there you have it.  My list of ten things I will be doing this November.


No comments:

Post a Comment